Thanks to Megan at Love, Literature, Art, & Reason for her Liebster Blog Award nomination! I love hearing about books from other reading fanatics. Apparently Liebster means ‘dearest’ in German.
The Rules: Winners answer 11 questions provided by whoever tagged you, provide 11 facts about yourself, and choose 11 followers to bestow the award upon, so long as they have 200 or less followers.
1. What is your favorite book of all time?
2. Why did you start blogging about books?
I was reading a lot of blogs about writing and books, so I decided to join in the fun. This blog’s beginning also coincided with the release of my first e-novella.
3. Favorite character best friend? Do you have any friends like that?
Leisel’s little friend, Rudy
, in The Book Thief
was quite the charmer, and I wish she would have kissed him … such a sad ending! I don’t necessarily have a friend like that, but this young man appealed to my “underdog” side.
4. Do you think long books are intimidating? Why/why not?
Yes, if it’s Ken Follet or Wally Lamb. It’s daunting to consider the time commitment when I want to move on to other “tbr” books quickly.
5. Real books or e-books?
Anymore, it’s e-books for the simplicity of use. Especially after reading a library book recently and not being able to keep it open while eating lunch.
6. Buy new, used, or borrow from the libary?
It depends on whether or not I ever have a chance of getting the book signed by the author. If so, I’ll buy it even at hardback price (first edition, autographed David Sedaris). Be it too expensive, I borrow from the library.
7. Favorite genre?
Lately it’s been post-apoc or dystopian for me. How can you overlook a cute end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it story???
8. Awesome author you’ve discovered (or loved more than before) this year?
The coolest author
I’ve discovered through goodreads this year is Hugh Howey
. Sci Fi and Speculative Fiction lovers should absolutely try his work.
9. Do you write?
I definitely try! See question #2.
10. Favorite show or movie based off of a book? Why?
My favorite, even though I’ve never read the book, would have to be The Princess Bride
. My son and I could watch it (and have done so) hundreds of times, even though I’m SO not into princesses. It speaks of loyalty, friendship, bravery, and fun all at the same time. Or as imdb.com describes it, “A classic fairy tale, with swordplay, giants, an evil prince, a beautiful princess, and yes, some kissing (as read by a kindly grandfather).”
11. Least favorite show or movie based off a book? Why?
My least fave is It
by Stephen King
. I hated what “it” was at the end, even though I can’t remember if that was “it” in the book. Pennywise is the fiercest cinema clown ever created. Such a good book with such an unbelievably bad movie
climax. Okay, it was a tv mini-series, but I’m counting it.
11 Random Facts about me:
- Pets are people in my opinion.
- There were originally two sets of wisdom teeth in my mouth.
- I sing Karen Carpenter and Anne Murray songs to my son at bedtime, even though they were “before my time.”
- I think I can play the harmonica … but other people don’t agree.
- I shot a deer once (never again).
- I’ve never been to Hawaii and really want to go someday.
- My favorite place to be is out on the water at the Lake of the Ozarks.
- The only foods I don’t like are canned peaches and slimy cherry pie filling.
- My all-time favorite color is orange.
- My hair has been brown, red and blonde. It’s currently blonde hiding gray.
- I read a lot of feminist blogs.
My eleven awardees whose book blogs I follow are:
and Lanea at Rockblocks (even though her blog’s about music)
And your questions are:
1. Comedy or drama (reading, movies or tv)?
2. Shelfari or goodreads?
3. What is the first book you remember reading?
4. Why do you blog?
5. What is your favorite reading genre?
6. Do you own an e-reader? (why/why not)
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. How do you feel about popular book recommendations?
9. What book would you never read even if you were paid to do so?
10. New rock or classic rock?
11. Do you create a playlist in your mind while reading a book?
No worries if I tagged you but you can’t participate. Have a great weekend!