Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because Jen is particularly fond of lists. She loves to share lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week she posts a new Top Ten list that one of her bloggers there will answer. Everyone is welcome to join! All she asks is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists. If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It’s a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
My Top Ten Favorite Quotes from Books:
1. “It’s not time to worry yet”
2. “She’s got some sort of notion in her head concerning the eternal rights of women.”
3. “Each one of us is left to choose our own quality of life and take pleasure where we find it with the understanding that, like Mom used to say, sooner or later something’s gonna get you.”
4. “one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul”
5. “So many books, so little time.”
6. “So this was the rest of his life. It felt like a party to which he’d been invited, but at an address he couldn’t actually locate. Someone must be having fun at it, this life of his; only, right at the moment, it wasn’t him.”
7. “I went to collect the few personal belongings which…I held to be invaluable: my cat, my resolve to travel, and my solitude.”
8. “And he waited. It was only for a few seconds, but it felt like a small forever.”
9. “What she was finding also was how one book led to another, doors kept opening wherever she turned and the days weren’t long enough for the reading she wanted to do.”
10. “He could see plainly that she was not herself. That is, he could not see that she was becoming herself and daily casting aside that fictitious self which we assume like a garment with which to appear before the world.”
What are some of your favorites?